We can organize workshops on this site, or possibly on yours, teaching permaculture strategies, with projects such as rainwater harvesting, organically growing and harvesting your own very good, organic food, land restoration and building affordable small structures with natural materials, and more. We accept work exchange and volunteers for most events, and also will be offering how to build an earthen bread oven, byo pizza fixings and bake in the oven days.
This is for those of us who are willing to share resources, offer classes, demonstrations, exchanges of food, plants and seeds, hands-on DIY just about anything we need for gardening, and for anyone who wants to have your own food grown in a truly local and organic, local, reliable source. We can draw on knowlege learned from our elders, natives, enthusiastic young farmers, and share all the strategies that produce food, community and joy in our lives - and which will work anywhere, for anyone at any level and with the intent to share the surplus we create. Simple, easy, anyone can do this, everything you need to be more self/community sufficient is here and now.
Offerings: instruction, hands-on demonstrations from the following list....and much more. Perhaps the greatest offering is the resources made available to you of all those doing this work. Connection, network comes with the classes, demos and local events.
Cost is what you can afford, timing with nature and Joie de vivre (love of life) ....or what ever you can offer. To name a few possibilities:
- herb spirals, raised beds and no-till gardens,
- hoop house (low cost easy DIY season extender)
- create a neighborhood plants/seeds exchange
- no-cost magic mulch with local materials
- compost the easy way
- vermicomposting (worm bin)
- small scale rainH20 harvesting systems
- rain chains and basins, rain gardens
- build, share bread ovens, baked goods with garden produce and home-grown herbs
- make your own planting soil
- convert your lawn to garden
- winter gardens, cold frames
- plant a row for the hungry
- gardens that a child can grow
- water gardens
- pollinator plants native plants/woodland gardens
See garden/small farm, urban homestead, share gardens and learning, and baking days using the bread oven to bake tmouth watering, tasty & good-for-you pizzas and breads and 5-course meals on garden site. Tours of other resources can be arranged...